- Date: Saturday 29th August
- Time: 12pm — 2.30pm
- Location: Yoga Hub Phibsboro (click here to book and look for Menchu’s name in “All instructors” drop down menu at the top.)
About the Workshop
The stomach and the spleen are responsible for the digestion and distribution of the nutrients to the body. Besides that, a strong spleen is essential to help us feel grounded and centred. Menchu invites you to come to a practice that will aim to revitalise your stomach and spleen organs using yin yoga poses, qigong movements, acuyin, myofascial release, and a relaxing nidra — all beneficial practices to strengthen and balance your energy.
As this workshop draws from the Five Element Theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Menchu will introduce the metal element to which the spleen energy is associated. She will also give further tips for self-care.
At the beginning of the session, Menchu will share a short handout with the principal ideas so you will not need to take notes during the practices, although there will be some time for journaling. To get most of this workshop, you will need:
- comfortable clothing;
- a non-slip mat;
- a hand towel;
- two tennis balls;
- a blanket or warm clothing for the end nidra;
- an eye mask or face cloth (optional);
- pen and paper to take notes.
Looking forward to welcoming you to this workshop.