About the Workshop
Whether you are a seasoned yogi/ni or a complete beginner, the Freeing Your Joints Series (also known as pawanmuktasana) is a yoga practice that not only works on opening up all the major joints and strengthening the muscles in the body, but it also helps release tensions in the internal organs and in the mind. Pawanmuktasana is the perfect companion for your regular practice or to complement your other yoga classes.
Additional benefits of practicing pawanmuktasana include:
- increasing the range of movement of the joints;
- developing awareness of the body’s movements and the subtle effects these have in the body;
- removing energy blockages from the body when practised regularly;
- regulating and stabilising the flow of energy throughout the body;
- improving digestion;
- calming the mind;
- tuning up the autonomic nerves, hormonal functions and the activities of internal organs.
At the beginning of the session, Menchu will share a handout with the most common pawanmuktasana movements so you will not need to take notes during the practices. To get most of this workshop, you will need:
- comfortable clothing;
- a non-slip mat or anything of sorts;
- a blanket;
- two or three cushions;
- an eye mask or face cloth (optional);
- pen and paper to take notes, and to jot down your first impressions of the different practices;
- you would preferably have eaten at least an hour before the start.
I’m looking forward to welcoming you to this workshop.
The handout can be downloaded by clicking on Freeing Your Joints Workshop Handout.