Menchu is a qualified and experienced trainer and Yoga therapist. She has been training groups since 1993, and has continued to develop and perfect those skills in her work as a Yoga teacher and trainer. As a key ingredient for engaging in any type of learning is having fun, she brings energy and passion to all of her classes and workshops, integrating her amateur drama background with her story-telling and public speaking skills to create fun and vibrant sessions. She has had the opportunity to work with children from disadvantaged backgrounds, young offenders, people with physical and intellectual disabilities, mainstream adults, and people with health/medical conditions.
A keen endurance runner, she turned to the physical aspect of Yoga to both keep her physical conditioning and recover from a running injury in 2007. This was the start of her journey to explore how traditional practices like Yoga could help manage and restore the innate ability of the body to heal itself. It was not only the physical aspects of Yoga that engaged Menchu; while studying Vipassana meditation, she found that to truly help the body heal, you needed to look at both the mind and the body to get results. That is when she discovered her true vocation, Yoga Therapy, which empowers people to actively promote and manage their health and well-being.
The strength of Yoga, for Menchu, is the growing amount of scientific research demonstrating the preventative and curative benefits of yoga for a variety of mental health and physical conditions, helping to improve the lives and well-being of people of all ages and from all walks of life. She continues to learn about both traditional and modern medicine in order to integrate the knowledge in a comprehensive, useful and compassionate manner for her students and clients.
These are some of the relevant training and qualifications that Menchu has gained over the past few years in the fields of Yoga and Yoga Therapy, communication and training.
Yoga & Yoga Therapy Teacher Trainings
- Relax and Renew™: How to teach Restorative yoga, Level 1 with Judith Lasater and Lizzie Lasater (UK 2020).
- Qigong for Yoga Teachers with Mimi Kuo-Deemer (UK 2020).
- Yin 100+ hours with Sarah Lo and Norman Blair (UK 2020).
- Teen Yoga with Charlota Martinus (UK 2019).
- Yoga Therapy 550 hours with Yogacampus (UK 2019).
- Antenatal and Postnatal Yoga with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Lisa White (UK 2016).
- Yoga Nidra Foundation with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Nirlipta Tuli, (UK 2016).
- Well Woman Yoga Therapy with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli (UK 2014).
- Yoga Therapy 800+ hours with Paramanand Yoga Institute (India 2014).
- Yoga 500 hours with Paramanand Yoga Institute (India 2013).
- Yoga 200 hours with Himalaya Yoga Valley (Ireland 2012).
- Yoga 80 hours with Yoga Moves (the Netherlands 2010).
- Teaching Breathing to “Non-Breathers” with Leila Stuart (UK 2020).
- Preventing Osteoporotic Fractures with Yoga, and Dysfunctional Breathing: How to Spot It, How to Fix It with Timothy McCall (UK 2020).
- Pain Management for Headaches, Focus on Neck and Shoulders, and Pain Management for Fibromyalgia with Gary Kraftsow (UK 2020).
- The Vagus Nerve and the Deeper Dimensions of Yoga Therapy in Asana and Pranayama, and The Music of Sequencing in Yoga with Doug Keller (UK 2020).
- Distinguished Toastmaster with Toastmasters International (Ireland 2019).
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (levels I and II) with Adam Divine (Ireland 2014).
- FETAC 5 Anatomy and Physiology with the Open College (Ireland 2012).
- Life & Motivational Coach with Global NLP (the Netherlands 2012).
- NLP Master Practitioner with Global NLP (the Netherlands 2012).
- FETAC 6 Coaching with Professional Development (Ireland 2012).
- Reiki (levels I and II) with Mark Brinsden and Camilo Villa (the Netherlands 2009).
- Train the Trainer with Peterborough College of Adult Education (UK, 2007).